After Sales Service
E-Scooter Warranty Policy
Our warranty covers manufacturing defects
The warranty covers:
- Display unit
For warranty claim, please check with your seller.
The following situations will not be covered by the warranty:
- Lack of cleaning or maintenance.
- Malfunctions caused by unauthorized modifications, disassembling, or repair.
- Accidental damage or malfunction due to improper storage.
- Wear and tear due to usage.
- Exterior damages.
- Water damage or malfunction caused by riding on rainy days.
- Consumables (such as brake pads/ calipers, brake disc, tires, brake cable, bearings etc.)
- Front and rear LED Light, Cable connectors wiring.
- Any logistical cost of returning the product to us for servicing or cost of returning the product to the customer after servicing.
- Defects of malfunctions of the product not notified by the customer during the Warranty Period.
We have the final say in evaluating the warranty status.
Daily Basic Maintenance and Safety Precautions
IMPORTANT: Before performing any maintenance works on your e-scooter, make sure to POWER OFF the scooter, and DISCONNECT ANY CHARGER!
- Dust all exposed parts of your scooter using a soft, smooth, dry microfibre cloth.
- Clean with a slightly damped cloth with either a small amount of liquid detergent or glass cleaner.
- Wipe the scooter seats with soft disinfectant wipes.
- DO NOT get any of the electrical components wet. Gently dust instead.
- DO NOT spray water or liquid cleaners directly onto the scooter.
- DO NOT use wax, oil or harsh cleaners.
- Finish up by wiping the e-scooter gently with a dry cloth until it is completely dry.
- Drape a cover over your e-scooter to protect it against dust built-up.
- Check tire treads daily for wear and tear. Replace thinning/bald tires.
- Check battery voltage. Always remember to re-charge when the battery is low and replace damaged batteries to avoid further damage on the device.
- Adjust moveable parts such as steering bar, wheels, seat, levers, etc., to ensure consistent functioning.
- AVOID riding your scooter on rainy days, and/or if the ground is wet because this may submerge the electric system of your e-scooter, in result may injure you or damage the device.
- AVOID charging your scooter unattended for an extended period of time or overnight.
- When charging such batteries, place them on hard, flat surfaces to allow optimal dissipation of heat.
- DO NOT place the charging battery near combustible materials.
- DO NOT charge the scooter immediately after use.
- DO NOT tamper, modify or attempt to repair the scooter by yourself
Fiido Throttle Error Code indicator Guide
1. Flash 2 to stop: brake failure.
2. Flash 3 to stop: DC point is abnormal.
3. Quickly flash 4 times to stop: the lower tube is broken down.
4. Quickly stop 5 times: the upper tube is broken down.
5. Flash 6 times to stop: Hall failure.
6. Flash 7 times: the phase line is faulty.
7. Flash 8 times to stop: under voltage protection.
8. Flash 9 times to stop: stall protection.
9. Flash 10 times to stop: Speed control is faulty.
10. Flash 11 times to stop: Overvoltage protection.
Whenever you ride an Electric Scooter you risk serious injury or death from collisions, falls or loss of control.
We cannot cover all situations where injury or death may occur. OPERATORS MUST USE GOOD JUDGMENT AND AVOID HAZARDS AND DANGERS that they may encounter when riding. By purchasing it, you accept the inherent risks of operating this product. We will not be held responsible for the death or injuries relating to the scooter. The user will be fully responsible for his/her own safety while riding/scooting. We suggest user ride it with helmet and guards.